Saturday, November 15

Weekly address

You know those weekly Democratic and Republican radio addresses? I never understood who cares enough to listen to them nowdays. Senior citizens, perhaps? To me AM/FM radio may as well be the telegraph: both are an archaic communication technology I have no use for.

I'm supposing those addresses were available as podcast/streams online, but that's really not very exciting. In this century, who really wants to merely listen to the audible voice of a politician, even a president's?

Enter youtube:
For the first time, the weekly Democratic address has been released as a web video. It will also continue to air on the radio.

President-elect Obama plans to publish these weekly updates through the Transition and then from the White House.

Today's address from the President-elect concerns the current economic crisis:


Of course this particular video is boring: "bad economic news, bad economic news, bad economic news, but I have a plan, I have a plan, I have a plan!"

In the future, though, once this crisis we've already heard so much about passes (a year from now?) these may be about more exciting issues. Like, humanitarian aid in Darfur or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive