Thursday, November 13

He collects comic books!

UK's Telegraph: The 50 facts you might not know about Barack Obama.

As I looked down this list, I thought to myself: Why are we -- the World -- so obsessed with the next head of the U.S. government? It's not normal. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall people being nearly as excited about Clinton or either of the Bushes when they were first elected.

There are several factors, like race. That's historic. But I think the principal reason is how badly Bush Republicanism fucked up America's reputation.

Now it's not just lefty fans who are obsessed with details about the next president; it's everyone who has a brain and chooses to use it. Why? Because we've learned the hard way how disastrous it is to have ignoramus anti-intellectuals heading American government. Read Andrew on this just before the election.

On a lighter note, Klein:
BARACK OBAMA IS YOUR HOMEBOY.

Barack Obama collects comic books. Barack Obama uses a Mac. Barack Obama brushes the dirt off his shoulder. Barack Obama plays pick-up basketball. George Bush may have been the president you could have a beer with, but Obama is the president you could have a PBR with while talking about Season 2 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive