Sunday, April 5

The silliness of culture warriors

Dave puts it in dialog form:

Joe: I would like to do X, which is something that doesn’t harm anyone else.

Dick: Yeah, but I don’t like you doing X. It just bothers me. Therefore I’m going to force you to stop.

Joe: But doing X violates no one’s rights.

Dick: Radical nihilist back-slapping liberaltarian! The right of my majority to self-govern over you trumps your right to do X!  Besides, not only do I see no Right to X in the Constitution but polling data suggests only a minority supports your position so you’re wrong!

Judge Bill: Um, Dick, I’m sorry, since you provided no legally plausible reason why Joe can not do X if he wants do to X, you don’t have the right to interfere with Joe if he wants to do X

Dick: Aaargh! Unelected activist nihilist judges taking away my freedom! Help! Help! I’m being repressed!  To the barricades!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive