Friday, October 10

McCain asks for respect

Ambers shares a report from Lakesville, Minnesota
McCain told her there's a "difference between record and rhetoric, and I plan to talk about his record, respectfully... I don't mean that has to reduce your ferocity, I just mean it has to be respectful."

And then later, again, someone dangled a great big piece of low-hanging fruit in front of McCain: "I'm scared to bring up my child in a world where Barack Obama is president."

McCain replies, "Well, I don't want him to be president, either. I wouldn't be running if I did. But," and he pauses for emphasis, "you don't have to be scared to have him be President of the United States." A round of boos.
McCain has done precious few admirable things since before the conventions. This is one of them, and the anomaly is remarkable.

I hope for more, but I no longer know what to expect from McCain. My only sense is he's capable of anything, both good and bad. This has sadly turned out to be the essence of his mavericky-ness.

UPDATE: TPM has video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive