Monday, October 27

Pennsylvania republican apologizes for anti-Obama email

NYT:
Judge Newman refers to Mr. Rudnick as a “McCain campaign worker” in her statement, but she said in a follow up e-mail exchange that she was doing so loosely; Mr. Rudnick was officially on the Pennsylvania GOP payroll, he said last week.
STATEMENT FROM HON. SANDRA SCHULTZ NEWMAN

Because of my preoccupation with preparing legal challenges for significant issues relevant to proper election procedures, I did not pay close enough attention to an e-mail which was drafted by a worker for the McCain campaign.

I regret that I did not carefully review the final draft before it was released with my signature, as well as the signatures of two other prominent supporters of Senator McCain.

Some of the language was inappropriate and intemperate.

I apologize to anyone who was offended by this misguided e-mail.

I am supporting Senator John McCain for President, and I hope you will not allow a stray e-mail message to alter your opinion in this important Presidential election.
I like this. Obviously he wouldn't have apologized if there hadn't been blowback, but still: he admitted that it was "inappropriate" and apologized. That's more than can be said for much of the rest of the McCain campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive