Prop 8’s real purpose? Denying the possibility of homosexual love.
This makes a lot of sense. Speaking as a former fundie, I can tell you with certainty that 10 years ago I would have claimed: "Homosexuals don't really love each other, it's just a sinful lust of the flesh!". And I was 100% convinced this claim was true.
But now that I've met gay people like Mr. Rodriguez who've lived with their partner for 30 years and well and truly love each other, I realize how terribly wrong I was.
Religious fundamentalists will not admit this. They are terrified of a society which openly acknowledges the genuineness of homosexual love. You need look no further than the repression of gays in the most insular Islamist societies to understand this sad reality.
‘Don’t come here to campaign for me’: Hamilton says Kamala Harris should
stay in California ahead of midterms
-
In an interview with POLITICO’s “The Conversation” with Dasha Burns, the
Kansas Democrat said his campaign would not win votes from a Harris
appearance in ...
1 hour ago



No comments:
Post a Comment